- Michael Syn, in his new role as President and Head of Global Markets Division, will oversee all asset classes
- New structure will harness the strengths of our multi-asset offering to capture growth opportunities in Asia and beyond
Singapore Exchange (SGX Group) today announced a new structure to capitalise on the strengths of its multi-asset offering, and further scale the business across products and platforms.
To seize the increase in growth opportunities globally, the following key changes will take effect from 1 October 2023:
- All our business lines, except for Indices, will be under the purview of Michael Syn in his new role as President and Head of Global Markets Division. The Global Markets Division will cover all our asset classes – Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities. Lee Beng Hong will head newly formed Wholesale Markets & Platforms, building on the leadership position of SGX FX which has expanded substantially beyond FX futures to include FX technology and workflow solutions. This will allow us to achieve the twin objectives of developing our multi-asset offering and further scaling our geographical and client coverage.
- Indices will be led by Chief Financial Officer Ng Yao Loong, who will oversee the strategic development of our Indices business, focusing on partnerships to augment our offering. SGX Indices will continue to build on Scientific Beta’s differentiated strengths in thought leadership, research and intellectual property (IP) creation, as well as iEdge’s proposition in driving AUM growth in structured products and ETFs.
- We will leverage both our technological resilience and operational capabilities under Tinku Gupta who will be appointed as Chief Information Officer overseeing Technology and Operations. She will work with our Head of Operations and Market Services, Nico Torchetti, to enhance service delivery for existing customers and co-create new solutions to meet evolving expectations of retail consumers and institutional clients.
Loh Boon Chye, Chief Executive Officer, SGX Group, said, “As an exchange built on a strong foundation in securities and derivatives, SGX Group has over the years transformed to become a highly-valued multi-asset business for customers and partners around the world. More and more global investors are turning to our trusted international marketplaces to invest and manage portfolio risk across asset classes. Our new structure will enable us to capitalise on the immense growth opportunities from rising capital flows into Asia.”